Gloworm 30CI issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Gloworm 30CI which has been in the house since we bought it in 2007. I have repaired and replaced the filler cap and the odd o-ring and it's generally given us very good service. It started leaking one day from what seems to be right at the back on the left side of the pump, I have a bucket underneath which we empty at least once a day. I've tried to see the specific place it's leaking from and removed/replaced some parts, I think it may be part of the pump housing. We have lived with this issue for a while but now another problem has arisen

The hot water isn't working. I've been trying different scenarios and the interesting fact is that there is no red flashing light at 0.6 which there has been in the past, remedied by filling. CH works perfectly well, and filling isn't an issue (would this indicate there is no problem with the inlet filter?). I can see there's also a flow sensor and have also seen a diverter valve mentioned - could this be the leaky part? How easy is this to replace or expensive to get someone to replace it?

I'm not one to splash out and prefer to fix where necessary. I've been put off calling someone in as I'd expect they would recommend a new boiler rather than a fix. Is it really time for this or is it worth the repair? I'm happy to do as much as I can myself, I'm not a gas fitter or plumber but was previously a brown goods engineer.

Sponsored Links
Can’t help with the diagnosis, but from memory a few of the parts have a sliding metal clip, that lets you remove the part.

on my previous 30ci think the prv was leaking water... £15 off eBay. Used to loose pressure every night (when off) do refill in the morning.

does yours make that chuggy sound when firing up:rolleyes:

I’d say replaced the boiler, you’ll be making savings with the increased efficiency.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back