Gloworm 30ci Combi Boiler F1 Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've got a 7 year old gloworm 30ci combi boiler and it's been fine until the last month or so. Every so often it throws up a 'F1' and needs resetting.

I have read around and realise that an F1 could be several things but essentially is an ignition lockout due to (in my laymans understanding terminology):

1. lack of gas
2. lack of spark
3. lack of detection of flame

I don't think it's a gas problem as I have never had a problem with gas into the house and the cooker works OK all the time etc... maybe a bit of a simplistic way of looking at it but from reading around i'm inclined to think it is either of the other 2 possibles.

As far as I know, it's never been serviced. I was just wondering if the components that provide the spark and detect the flame are allowed to be accessed by anyone other than a Gas SAFE engineer? I understand they will be located in the combustion chamber... but am unclear as to whether I'm legally allowed to access this?

Obviously I'm thinking about saving pennies and if it is a case of a quick 30 minute DIY job to possibly clear the fault then great. If not then I'll get someone qualified out to service it.

Many thanks for your replies in advance :)

Sponsored Links
I'm affraid you do need to be an RGI to take this further, it could be an ignition component as you say but these are inaccessible to the DIYer. There are several other possibilities also but they involve gas checks and such. Also, you may also not be able to pysically see a fault anyways. Best get someone with a bit of experience.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back