GlowWorm 30ci Combi Boiler - F1 error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!!! :D

My boiler occassionally displays a 'F1' error. This can occur at anytime through the year and irrespective of whether I am using my heating or just the water.

If I follow the reset instruction (switch OFF, allow 5 secs, switch ON) then it kicks in fine.

The boiler is due its service but this problem has continued before/after the last service.

I'm hoping to arm myself up with a few suggestions before my mate comes to service the unit.

Thanks, Reubin78

Sponsored Links
Can you elaborate? Are there standard/basic checks that can be made? If so, I'll book my service guy in asap.

Is there anything I can check/test prior to my service guy coming out?

Sponsored Links
Hi moderator.

To clarify, I am not looking to complete any DIY Gas work. As a simple user, I am trying to investigate a little so that I do not get hit with a large and needless bill. If the error simply meant 'service boiler' then I would know to question the engineer if he says it's a major malfunction.

Ps, my 'mate' is an honest and qualified engineer which means he's always booked and it's nearly impossible to get him around. Hence the need to possibly ring someone else and the fear of being stung!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back