glowworm 15hx error code f1

the mystery continues...

boiler was still complaining on mainly an f1 and intermittent f43 errors. all day yesterday and this morning, this was going on. Just tried doing another reset, and voila it kicks in within a few seconds?

I do find it very coincidental that this happens when there is no frost, and just light snow outside.

I am beggining to wonder if the condesate pipe was frozen up. We have had some very extreme frost in the last 48 hours, where we live.

The night I turned the heating off was midnight, and the frost outside was very thick looking at the cars. Maybe this was a bad move as the frost was at its worst, as anything that was in the pipe would have frozen very quickly?

Would this be the likely cause?

The manual does indicate issues with flue inlet's been blocked as well i read. Quick the extreme conditions play a part with the vapour cooling in the flue?

also are there any recommendations or diags i can try whilst its running?

cheers

Sponsored Links
Just wanted to say thanks very much to dangermouse46 for the advice above regarding a frozen condensate pipe. It's been below zero all day here in Leeds and the pipe had frozen causing an 'f1' fault. I now have a happy and thawing wife!
Might have a word with British Gas who installed the boiler as they didn't bother lagging the long external pipe to the drain, as recommended in the manual...
Cheers
Richard
:D

My one last night since I posted this, froze up again! Same random error codes on restart of the bolier. F1 been the popular one.

My pipe is lagged up, but despite that, it still froze up last night!

The front of my house is where the pipe is. My house gets colder on the front than other properties next to me. Takes 2 days longer for snow to melt than everyone else's! :mad:

This article has some great advice:

http://www.boilersinstallationlondon.co.uk/News-Release-3.html

Sponsored Links
Glow worm 15hxi, intermittent F1 fault. Spark electrode, leads, zig igniter changed and a new condensate trap , still intermittent fault. Problem was the condensate waste pipe had been installed with a backwards fall so the condensate was backing up sometimes and causing an air lock. New condensate waste fixed fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back