gloworm / glow worm ultimate 40ff boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Can any one help me please. It's getting cold in here!
Last night my Gloworm Ultimate 40ff boiler has given up the ghost. It only now makes a faint humming noise when switched on which I guess is the electricity just activating the system. I only have neon lights 1 and 2 illuminated in the PCB. That leaves 3 and 4 which are not illuminated. These indicate failed airflow (light 3) and Ignition (light4).
The night before when it was working. It did sound a little noisier than usual. A bit like the fan was in need of lubrication and sort of whiney. Sorry I can't be a bit more technical but could anyone out there point me in the right direction of what to do to.....Over to you experts and thank you in anticipation

Sponsored Links
you need to remove the combustion chamer front , which is really a job for a corgi guy. Once removed , the seals need to be checked and once replaced it needs checking so as to ascertain a correct seal.

Sponsored Links
Hi again

I have given the fan a nudge and the boiler has sparked into life again. Thank you very very much. I must say though, the fan still sounds a bit noisy. Would you think it's on it's way out or is there any way of servicing or lubricating it etc. Once again Thanks for all your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back