Glowworm 24cxi error code F3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please please help me and tell me what this error code means. There is nothing in the manual and Im freezing :(

Please help x

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
more than likley a fan fault on this model, corgi engineer required

Had the same fault today.
1st visit no display, after replacing the pcb, I'm getting a F3 fault now
Tested the fan plug blue & red and there is 24v then it drops.
Am I right in thinking the pcb only sends little bursts of 24v
Just like the initial start up on the DV motor on a vaillant Eco tec plus?

Going to get the fan tomorrow, can anyone reassure me it is the fan?
As I would be paying for it if it's NOT the fan.

No DIYer should ever be changing a fan!

Yes Agile I know that :rolleyes:
If you're suggestion I'm a DIY'er I'm not. I have been Gas Safe for the past 8 years. I prefer to be sure when diagnosing rather then trial and error.

I've read lots of posts by you, clearly you are a very knowledgeable man when it come to heating, but I believe you are more condescending then helpful.

I think you should read your posts before clicking the submit button, and ask yourself "is what I am writing really going to help someone"

Coz if you're NOT willing to help and spread your knowledge then leave it in your head please.

I say the above with at most respect.
:confused:

They way you were posting is as if you are encouraging DIYers to change fans.

Perhaps you are not aware of the forum rules on that?

Why do you associate my statement above with yourself? I consider it be both very good advice and fully in accordance with the forum policy.

You even seem to be asking DIYers if you should change the fan! This part of the site is for DIYers to ask questions and most are answered by the professionals.

Are you not registered for the CC where you can ask gas questions?

Tony

Tony

No I was not aware of the rules.
I have now registered myself to the Gas Safe Club on this forum.
I am waiting to be approved.

I wouldn't even encourage Gas Safe engineers who are not confident in repairing boilers. As I believe diagnosing and repairing is a skill which requires experience and patients.
I was asking for my peace of mind, as this boiler has already had a new pcb fitted.

The CC has a wealth of information and advice for Gas Safe registered people.

The forum rules ( which you should read ) are very strict that we do not give any advice on gas/combustion issues here.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back