Glowworm 30CXi Boiler - 4th time lucky

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about to call Glow Worm service again - on our third 30CXi Combi boiler in one year and this one has just begun to pop bang and make weird whirry noises on ignition.

I know the first batch had a problem in the drilling of the ignitor hole which was not deep enough (if it keeps on making huge bangs on ignition - you probably have an old one and need to demand that it is fixed or changed)

Anyone else had problems with this boiler or Glow Worm engineers who cant fit pipes properly and leave them leaking everywhere?

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately as a generalisation the engineers from Glow Worm are muppets. Well they are round my way, which is why I have an agreement that if any of my Vaillant boilers ever go wrong I will only get a Vaillant group service engineer out and not the Glow Worm equivalent.

This is interesting!

Do Homeserve do the GW warranty calls?

I have not been impressed by their competence!

Tony

Group service do the warranty calls, but if you get a Glow Worm engineer rather than a traditional Vaillant one then arrghhhhhh!

They would also do the sonya's as well Tony.

Jack of all trades, master of none springs to mind.

Sponsored Links
I saw a "Homeserve" engineer who had given a job slip calling them selves vaillant but they were wworking on an in guaranty GW only 6 months old!

He wrongly diagnosed a faulty sensor and blocked MAIN He when the real fault was a blocked plate!

How wrong can you get!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back