Glowworm 30cxi problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a 30cxi fitted in our club 4 or 5 years ago, which has run without problems. A few days ago the central heating ran warm only. In central heating demand the boiler failed to ramp up, running on one flame only; but ramped up to five flames immediately on hot water demand.
It transpired that Display d.0 - Heating Part Load was set to a low figure (not sure what) when the factory default is 82 (max). Readjusting this to 82 solved the problem!
My question is - what do the words 'Heating Part Load' mean and what could have cause the sudden change to a low figure - assuming that it must have originally been set high when the system was working?
Or have I missed something?

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if you have missed having the boiler professionally serviced for the last five years.

It might also be potentially unsafe.

Tony

you have missed loads, the 30cxi does not have a d.0, now the flexicom 30 cxi and the ultracom 30 cx does.

that aside d.o does not have an 82 option it will be upto a maximum 24, i think your 82 option is heating temperature selection, if thaty was a low number then yes radiators would be at a low temperature.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick replies Bell824 & Agile.
Yes it is an Ultracom 30cxi.
Service well overdue! I must admit to the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' philosophy. But you can take that too far.
Bell824 - d.0 does have factory default of 82 (max) as shown in the Fault Finding Diagnostic Menu, which is what I have reset it to.
Which brings me back to my original question - what sort of problem could result in a sudden reduction of the d.0 parameter?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back