GLOWWORM COMBI NOT FIRING UP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A GLOWWORM COMPACT COMBI BOILER. I PRESUME IT IS FAIRLY OLD AND I HAVE NO MORE DETAILS ABOUT IT.THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE PILOT LIGHTS OK BUT BOILER DOES NOT FIRE FOR H.W. OR C.H. ANY IDEAS? BOILER FAILED TO FIRE AS FROM 23/1/07

Sponsored Links
Have you worked thru the fault finding chart in the manual.

Just had same problem with mine but have not got a pilot..... electronic ignition instead.

Is the pump running?
Is the fan running?

Have you the electrical skills rqd to fault find / test the boiler?

Mine was not firing... no power supply to the fan, which turned out to be a faulty control board which cost me £130 this morning but was easy to replace.

I HAVE NO MANUAL. SOUNDS AS THO PUMP AND FAN ARE RUNNING BUT I AM HAVING PROBLEM ACCESSING INTENAL WORKINGS AS FRONT COVER TO BOILER IS PROVING DIFFICULT TO REMOVE.I DO HAVE ELECTRICAL SKILLS TO TEST ONCE COVER REMOVED.HAVE TAKEN OFF ALL FRONT COVER FIXINS BUT DOESNT WANT TO BUDGE.ANY IDEAS BEEFSTER. MANY THANKS

Mine just slid up and didnt have any screws?? then there wer two retaining screws on the contol panel which was hinged?

No help i am afraid

Sponsored Links
Search on line... I am sure the manual will be on a pdf file to download from Glow worm.

which compact is it?
is it 75e, 80e or 100e ?
email me direct and i will send you the manual as i have all 3 as pdf files. you can get my email address on the forum page.

JEZZY MANY THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY. I HAVE CHECKED ALL OVER BUT THERE IS NO MODEL NUMBER ANYWHERE. ALL IT SAYS ON FRONT COVER IS GLOWORM COMPACT?

There will be a badge inside somewhere with it on. if it makes it easier i'll send you all 3?

click on 'forum' at the top of the page then click on 'who's online' at the bottom of that page and then click on 'jezzy' and then click on 'email' and my address should be in the address bar.

Alternatively i could have gone to 'wellie' as above and sent it direct to you (if your email address was there) but you haven't put your email address on your page so we'll have to do it the other way round.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back