Glowworm compact 100e - low water pressure and no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help guys, I have a compact 100e in the new house and the water pressure is at approx 0.3 bar.

How do I increase the pressure ?

Also hot water not working in summer or winter mode? When in winter mode the heating works but no hot water?

The demand light is working for the heating but the hot water demand light does not light in either mode.

Could the low pressure be causing the hot water demand light not to work? or are they both separate problems.

I cant give you anymore info on the boiler as like I said its a new house that I have just moved in to.

PS It has no timer fitted just a blanking plate. Anyone know the part number?

Any answer greatly appreciated. Speak load and slowly as Im a novice ;)

Wayne M

Sponsored Links
You probably need a new hot water diaphragm, brass cover plate assembly and the hot water flow switch (they are often waterlogged). Easy to replace...see the manual on Glowwrom site but you will need a Torx screwdriver.

Timer part no should be in manual.

kevindgas said:
TRY LIMITING YOUR QUESTIONS TO 1 SUBJECT POSTING

read response in help before misses returns :rolleyes:

Hi Kev, Understood :oops: :oops: :oops:

Previous post finished and system back up to full pressure.

Gasguru said:
You probably need a new hot water diaphragm, brass cover plate assembly and the hot water flow switch (they are often waterlogged). Easy to replace...see the manual on Glowwrom site but you will need a Torx screwdriver.

Timer part no should be in manual.

Hi Gasguru, you wouldn't happened to have a link to the website where the manual is would you? Its a new house that I have just moved into and I dont have the manual for the boiler

Thanks again Wayne M

Sponsored Links
Check pin (arrowed) moves freely in/out as hot tap is turned on/off and is not leaking.

and switch is not waterlogged like this

I dont think its a very new house if its got an old boiler like this!

You need to get your torx screwdriver ( T20 ? ) and undo the DHW flow diaphragm housing IF the pin is free and see if the diaphragm is holed.

Youn need to increase the system pressure first though to about 1 .5 bar. See FAQ.

Tony

Hi, its not a new build its my new house 1960's me thinks

System pressure is now approx 1.2

Will complete required checks tomorrow evening

Many thanks Wayne M

Those pics above were from a 5 year old Compact 80. All together it had 7 :eek: seperate faults. The failed diaphragm finally stopped the boiler and forced the tenants to contact the agents.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back