Glowworm Compact 80 Pilot Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pilot light on a Glowworm Compact 80 keeps going out after a period of running fine. I\\\'ve had the following new parts fitted:

Thermisters x2
PCB
Overheat stat (twice)

About to have a new air flow sensor switch fitted.

The boiler runs fine for about half an hour. I can then hear a loud switch and the whole thing just dies. I\\\'m guessing that this is the overheat stat turing the boiler off.

I\\\'ve read on other posts that a possible cause is a scaled up heat exchanger ?? Does anyone else have any other thoughts before I suggest this to the plumber coming around tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
check the flow it should be set at 72 degs to stop it knocking out on over/heat you can set it on the pcb usually cuires fault your describing

The filer on the return (under the pump) is prone to blocking, if you speak to glowworm technical they tell you to remove it completey.

How would I adjust the temp on the PCB, from memory there isnt anything on there to adjust ??

Sponsored Links
to adjust the temp. on the pcb there are 4 potentiometers adjust pot number 2 you should have a black plastic adjusting tool clipped to the back of the pcb cover. i adjust by running boiler up to temp and decrease until 72degs reached confirm this by clipping therm. to flow/return pipe.The other pots adjust dhw temp and the burner pressure for c/h and dhw It does not state this in the manual experience working with this boiler and talking to glow-worm engineers have resolved this problem in the past

Thanks for the help. Worked a treat.

I'm getting a problem with pulsating heat on the hot water system. Could it need a similar adjustment on the PCB for the hot water....if so, which of the 4 dials is it.

Thanks

Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back