glowworm compact combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i posted a question on this site on friday and now have more info.The boiler is a glowworm compact and the problem is hot water ok but no heating.Pressure ok all calling for heat.The motor on the diverter valve is very hot and is vibrating.Any help would be very grateful.I am a plumber and just learning my round boilers thanks very much peter

Sponsored Links
I would remove motor and try to check if diverter is moving freeley. If it is then try changing motor.

Check the HW symbol on the front of the boiler, flow switch can leak causing the HW microswitch to short.

Is the radiator symbol alight if not and does it fire from cold? A faulty diverter will still mean the boiler will fire!

Bridged out external controls?

etc

hi dave thanks for the reply.Will it be easy to see see if the valve moves.Is it on a cam that turns or a pin that moves in and out thank you

Sponsored Links
If I remember rightly I think that you should be able to push the pin in with your finger with a bit of effort.

dave would the boiler light once the pin is pushed in and shut down when released as if the motor is pushing the pin in thanks

peter the plumber said:
dave would the boiler light once the pin is pushed in and shut down when released as if the motor is pushing the pin in thanks

No it needs electrical info to fire the boiler. Pin is just hydraulic reaction to motor.

Follow rob's line of questioning at present. I think it could be motor but he seems more expert on these than me ;)

Its not the diverter then although you would know from reading my first post.

Have you wired out external controls?

hi rob i now understand about about the motor operating the valve sorry :oops: i have not wired out external controls is this a common fault :?: sorry for all the questions but still on the long learning curve thanks for your time peter

What you need to realise if the HW works then you have already proved that 95% of the boiler is working and doesnt need testing.

Most times it is. Put a link in place of the room stat connections!

The hot water works fine .I will try the link tomorrow and will let you know the out come thanks for your help on this peter :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back