Glowworm Energysaver 60 - high flame setting not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Glowworm Energysaver 60 boiler - when the room thermostat demands heat and the boiler is set with the 2 position flame setting switch to high and the boiler thermostat set to any position from half to max - the boiler starts for a couple of seconds, then switches off, a couple of seconds later it switches on and then off again (there is a relay inside which I can hear switching and the green "demand" neon lights, then goes off again) continuing on like this until the demand is satisfied (ie the pilot light and burner work OK) - If I set the two position flame switch to low the boiler works perfectly - although obviously not producing as much heat to the radiators.

Can anyone give me an opinion on which part might have gone faulty - whether within the boiler or not

Sponsored Links
Faulty gas valve or high/low rotary switch. You need an engineer in to test all components really. Sorry.

Thanks for your quick response - I will get someone to check it

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back