Glowworm Flexicom 30CX Boiler losing pressure

Hi steve how are you getting on with the leak whereabouts are you in herts

Sponsored Links
Hi all

Just thought Id post an update for the people who have replied to the thread before.

Last Tuesday I called in a company called ADI Leak Detection and they came in with thermal cameras and nitrogen gas to try and find the leak.

After about 3 or 4 hours of testing he managed to locate what he thought could be a leaking pipe under the concrete floor in the bedroom by the radiator and, after we pulled up my new laminate flooring and rolled back the underlay, hey presto! a patch of very damp looking concrete! Couldn't believe it. He was spot on first time.

He dug up the concrete, found the leak and repaired it.

I now have a nice hole in my bedroom floor to fill in but the pressure on the boiler has not dropped since he left, even after a couple of days of being left off, so it looks like the problem is finally resolved!

It seems as though the builders who built the flat got the line wrong for the run of the pipe under the floor as it did not line up with the pipe coming out of the radiator. They must have pulled the rad tail pipe slightly to get it to line up with the pipe in the floor as when the guy cut through it the whole thing sprang up. The tension that was in it over time had obviously caused the pipe to crack and leak.

He replaced the section with a mixture of copper and plastic pipe to relieve the tension and it seems good as new now.

Thanks again to everyone who offered help in this thread, much appreciated! If anyone has any hints on filling in the hole though then that would be great!

Cheers

thanks for letting us know the result! not many people do tbh!

glad you got it sorted. now you have a joine there, it would be a good idea to form a channel with a lid for access in the future. (just in case)

Sponsored Links
Hi thats great news i have heard about that tech but never seen it , how much does it cost to find and repair the leak , will be handy to use that tech if needed in the future

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back