Glowworm problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello guys,
I have a gloworm boiler and have a little problem with the hot water.When the hot water is put on either on timer or manually(honeywell controller)it fires up and heats up the water.But on the controller display the little flame appears next to the tap symbol,but this stays on all the time even when its been on for an hour and obvoiusly the water is hot,this stays on and the pump is still running upstairs.It does not go off until the timer switches off and then the pump goes off after about 10 mins.The centralheating flame goes out ok and switches the pump off after about 10 mins even with the heating on constant,the flame just comes on when it needs to switch on the boiler.Im sure the water was also like this originaly but it no longer runs without the flame and pump running.I would be grateful of any help.
Thanks alot

Sponsored Links
I also have a Gloworm boiler, but I bet you don't know which model. or what type of system it's fitted to? :mrgreen:

Hello again,
Boiler is glow worm 30hxi with honeywell smartfit.Have been messing about,ch works fine.Hot water fires up and heats up the tank but when its finished boiler switches off but the little flame symbol on the controller stays on and the pump up stairs stays on until hotwater cycle is finished.I think before when water was hot the flame went off and pump upstairs went off and it just stayed idle with the little tap lit up on the controller(unless i used hot water).
any help gratefully recieved.
If i put hot water on constant when it has a full hot tank the tap symbol comes on and it stays on idle like it should but as soon as i use hot water,the boiler fires up heats up the tank but wont go back idle after(flame symbol).
thanks alot

Sponsored Links
If you have a Hxi then the problem is not with the boiler. It is with the controls for the hot water/heating. The appliance is a heat only boiler so doesnt know the difference between the 2. It receives a switched live and fires. the controls and valves then determine where the heat is sent too.

You will need to determine how your system is working to get you closer to solving your problem. Id suggest getting an engineer out to your property to look at the way the system is working

Hope this helps

NB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back