Glowworm swiftflow 80

Swiftflow 80 has the fan running permanently at low speed and a permanent pilot, when the boiler has a demand the fan speed increases to give the correct air flow, if the fan fails or does not go to full speed the boiler goes out due to a vitiated flame causing the boiler to effectivley snuff itself out .

Sponsored Links
gavinda im sorry if I have touched a nerve somewhere along in this thread, i have not gone into detail regarding this boilers specific operatinal sequence or any of its safety features i was purely detailing the exact chain of events should the fan fail on this boiler :LOL:

no probs at all :D . you are right though that should the fan fail to operate then the pilot may extiguish.

then its just a case of why the fan should not operate. :LOL:

no probs at all :D . you are right though that should the fan fail to operate then the pilot may extiguish.

then its just a case of why the fan should not operate. :LOL:

The pilot light hasn`t extinguished, but the fan is definitely knackered so i`m gonna change that and hopefully solve the problem, I just wanted a little more insight on how it operated because i`m not familiar at all with this boiler, many thanks to all for contributing at least i know a little more now & if anyone can point me in the right direction to find the MIs for this particular boiler I`d be grateful. Cheers & Merry Christmas to all :LOL:

1st you need to know what you are doing as you will break the combustion seal.
2nd how do you know the fan has had it? what checks have you done... dont want to see you spend money you dont need too.

Sponsored Links
1st you need to know what you are doing as you will break the combustion seal.
2nd how do you know the fan has had it? what checks have you done... dont want to see you spend money you dont need too.

It`s seized, making a lot of noise when I free it up, then it completely packs in. :cry:
Does anyone know of any decent boiler breakdown courses that are available? as you can see I need all the help I can get, :D been to Glowworm, Baxi courses but all they wanted to do was waffle on about how great the particular boiler was that they were flogging at the moment. I`ve tried college and suchlike but no joy there, any help most welcome.

yep fans knackered. :LOL:

i take it you've got yer acs then :) . not sure about breakdown courses. i was taught during my apprenticeship with bg. tbh what i learnt in college was next to nothing. ii learnt a lot from the engineers i worked with but on the whole its pure experience and nothing else. perhaps you could look at joining a firm to let you find your feet before going solo. personally im gonna stick with a firm... working for yourself looks like a lot of work and risk for the reward. i personally can live with less money in exchange for less hassle and a definite payslip each month.

yep fans knackered. :LOL:

i take it you've got yer acs then :) . not sure about breakdown courses. i was taught during my apprenticeship with bg. tbh what i learnt in college was next to nothing. ii learnt a lot from the engineers i worked with but on the whole its pure experience and nothing else. perhaps you could look at joining a firm to let you find your feet before going solo. personally im gonna stick with a firm... working for yourself looks like a lot of work and risk for the reward. i personally can live with less money in exchange for less hassle and a definite payslip each month.

Yup, got me ACS, got all me elements, got me Corgi badge, work for meself, but I`m obviously not a breakdown engineer but I`m working on it, just could do with all the knowledge I need, yesterday. :LOL:
Thanks for your help. I guess I`ll just keep meself posted on this site and pick up any advice I can.

James, try joining the combustion chamber, you will get lots of info/help and not be told "don't go in there" etc.

James, try joining the combustion chamber, you will get lots of info/help and not be told "don't go in there" etc.

It does not have an APS so to speak.

Not entirely sure what gavinda means, but as advised we will give you more help in the CC.

Dave

why the big secret, Why not give him advice here instead of CC.
Or is it a case of some pros clearly dont have a clue how this boiler works and its better hidden in a private forum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back