glowworm ultimate 80ff not starting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having problems with my boiler. :evil: It does not seem to turn on in a morning. If you press the reset/overheat button it sparks up straight away. Has anyone got any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Well I cannot think why they suspect that without further evidence.

If they are right then it could be as a result of a pump which is sluggish to start in the morning. Try turning it to the '3' setting !

Tony

Well I cannot think why they suspect that without further evidence.
It was a light hearted response to a post with very little information.
It has activated the OH, that's why nothing starts until a reset is done.
Could be many things causing it.

Yes, I can now see that.

I will have to add that to my repertoire of replies.

Tony

Of course the Overheat may be occuring during the night before, un-noticed untill the next morning when nothing fires up!! ;)

Still confusing me- I turned the hot water on to constant last night so we would have hot water for this morning evn if the boiler did not fire up, but the heating came on fine. I thought it would have been more likely to overheat as it was on constant.

Odd that he has ignored my suggestion about the pump!

Cannot be very serious about sorting it out.

Tony

Sorry, yes I did turn the pump up, fun finding it as its hidden behind some shelving in the garage. It seemed quite hot, but I guess it would considering what its pumping ?

Turnung the pump up is a good compensation for a problem with the thermostats inside the boiler but will only work for a short period of time. What boiler are you working on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back