Going On Holiday? Then read This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... 88cents per day for a car for a short trip.

Switzerland has the right to leave schengen zone any time it wishes and so can do as it wishes.

It UK hauliers have to pay UK road tax and foreign hauliers don't, then assuming the road tax is lower in their native country, then UK hauliers are at a disadvantage as are UK road users. Further more haulage companies in some countries enjoy EU grants to modernise their fleets where UK hauliers have to pay for their own vehicles... The CPC that is required for all haulage drivers within the EU is widely ignored in many central European states where as it is rigorously enforced in the UK.. Tachograph rules are interpreted differently in many other EU countries to the way they are here also and the French have been known to prosecute UK drivers for breaking EU rules but not UK rules whilst the vehicle was in the UK.

Sponsored Links
So... 88cents per day for a car for a short trip.
23 cents a day if you buy the 12 month
42 cents a day if you buy the 2 months.

In the UK, it works out at about 65p per day! So comparable really.

Switzerland has the right to leave schengen zone any time it wishes and so can do as it wishes.
Of course it can. All it has to do is rip up all the EU agreements. :rolleyes: It is currently in dispute with EU but the EU rules still apply.

It UK hauliers have to pay UK road tax and foreign hauliers don't, then assuming the road tax is lower in their native country, then UK hauliers are at a disadvantage as are UK road users.
That's UK government legislation. They could change it if they want, as long as they don't discriminate between UK and EU vehicles. The EU drivers pay their national equivalent in their own countries. The fact is that UK requires drivers to pay the highest.
But of course, they can't lower the RFL for lorries and keep it high for cars, so they're obliged to keep it high for lorries.

Further more haulage companies in some countries enjoy EU grants to modernise their fleets where UK hauliers have to pay for their own vehicles...
Source, evidence? Not just myth and hearsay!

The CPC that is required for all haulage drivers within the EU is widely ignored in many central European states where as it is rigorously enforced in the UK..
CPC? Evidence, source? Not just hearsay and myth.
Again it is probably against EU rules.

Tachograph rules are interpreted differently in many other EU countries to the way they are here
Evidence, source? not just hearsay! Probably against EU rules and the ECofJ would sort that out.

also and the French have been known to prosecute UK drivers for breaking EU rules but not UK rules whilst the vehicle was in the UK.
How can French prosecute drivers for breaking UK rules????:confused: France can prosecute drivers in France using French rules (or EU rules), they can't use UK rules to prosecute in France! That's a tautological argument!
If the drivers went to the European Court of Justice and proved their case they could get re-dress and the French would be subject to EU rules.
So, again, any evidence, sources for your made-up accusation?

Last edited:

Ha ha ha!

The rest of the thread just says "I hate foreigners, they're untrustworthy, greasy crooks, and Brits are the only honest, decent, hard-working people in the world."

... some countries...widely ignored...rigorously enforced in the UK.. rules are interpreted differently...the French ...

"FO's" new username has not made him any more sensible. Let's hope he soon goes on holiday again.

Sadly, I get the impression that you do not know what the rules are, how they work and how they can be manipulated. If you were a haulier, then it would be purposeful to take this deeper but I could spend a lot of time presenting evidence to you that you would have no idea what to do with... Reading back, it seems that a lot of what you spout is internet based and not based on any real life experience. All we would do is swap many uninteresting links that would bore the other readers... They can believe what I say or not. Why does it matter?

Sponsored Links
Sadly, I get the impression that you do not know what the rules are, how they work and how they can be manipulated.
So educate us, if you can.:rolleyes:
You've misunderstood all the rules so far.

If you were a haulier, then it would be purposeful to take this deeper but I could spend a lot of time presenting evidence to you that you would have no idea what to do with..
Try me, if you can, if you dare. :rolleyes:
I've proven your myths and hearsay incorrect so far!

Reading back, it seems that a lot of what you spout is internet based and not based on any real life experience.
Real world experience supported by internet based evidence. :rolleyes:
Where is your evidence or supporting documentation?

All we would do is swap many uninteresting links that would bore the other readers... They can believe what I say or not. Why does it matter?
I've yet to see one link of yours, interesting or not, to support your assertions, assumptions and accusations. (or should that be myths, hearsay and imaginations.

Yawn..... It seems that the Village idiot has found me. Prove that you can drive a 40 tonner and we'll discuss this.

A retired plumber who takes up trucking? Now there's a novelty.

Yawn..... It seems that the Village idiot has found me. Prove that you can drive a 40 tonner and we'll discuss this.
I don't doubt your ability to drive a lorry :rolleyes: but you've proven your inability to hold a meaningful and sincere discussion.

I can take lessons to drive a lorry. There's no cure for stupidity!

They can believe what I say or not. Why does it matter?

Because you are trying to prove your point, are you not? And the best way to do this would be to?

That's right!....Back up your story with evidence.

They can believe what I say or not. Why does it matter?

Because you are trying to prove your point, are you not? And the best way to do this would be to?

That's right!....Back up your story with evidence.
I'm not trying to prove anything.. I made several statements of fact. If you chose not to believe them, then there is nothing that I can do to make you believe them so why should I bother? If you wish to further research what I say then feel free, it is your time but I suspect that you want to be spoon fed information.. It is of no consequence to you anyway

I don't doubt your ability to drive a lorry :rolleyes: but you've proven your inability to hold a meaningful and sincere discussion.

I can take lessons to drive a lorry. There's no cure for stupidity!
Indeed you could take lessons but you couldn't pass the test at the end..

I'm not trying to prove anything.. I made several statements of fact. If you chose not to believe them, then there is nothing that I can do to make you believe them so why should I bother? If you wish to further research what I say then feel free, it is your time but I suspect that you want to be spoon fed information.. It is of no consequence to you anyway
So you're the Encyclopedia on facts. Everything you say is factual and undeniable? :rolleyes:
Nothing of what you've said so far has been supported with evidence or documentation. Quite the reverse, some of what you've said had been dis-proven or refuted with documentation. That proves that you did no research whatsoever before commenting with your myths, imagination and hearsay ideas.

Indeed you could take lessons but you couldn't pass the test at the end..
So you're the examiner as well?
Do you always decide a candidates ability before having met them or seen their driving skills? :rolleyes:
You're reinventing the concept of prejudice!

It's nothing to do with prejudice or driving skill.
So passing a driving test has nothing to do with driving skill? That's your assertion?
So when you passed your test, assuming you have, it was no reflection on your driving skill? And when I fail my test, as you've decided I will, it's nothing to do with driving skill?
And when you proclaimed that I couldn't pass a lorry driving test, you weren't making a prejudicial statement about my driving skill?
And then you say, that's not prejudice?
You're having a laff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back