Golf Mk 7 wing mirror replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Have bought replacement stick on mirror for my Golf. (Original not cracked, just loose) In many of videos, you can remove backing plate from wing mirror to do the task. However, in my case the connectors seem to be welded to the wing mirror. (2013 Golf-not heated, just needed for tilting etc)

Don’t want to yank them off if welded.

Any advice much appreciated.

Many thanks

Attachments

• 5F833A78-5907-418E-A442-3BF2B4DD3C3D.jpeg
    5F833A78-5907-418E-A442-3BF2B4DD3C3D.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 62
Sponsored Links
They look like the usual push fit Lucar 3 amp connectors....there may be some corrosion there which is making them tight but they should still pull off.
Try some WD40 or whatever to make things easier first and gently use some snipe nose pliers.
John :)

I'm confused. That's a heated mirror. Mine kept falling off. I stuck them back on with 3m VHB

Thanks both

I naively assumed wing mirrors weren’t heated, as never seem to clear. Have used WD40 to ease off connectors as suggested.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Thanks both

I naively assumed wing mirrors weren’t heated, as never seem to clear. Have used WD40 to ease off connectors as suggested.

Thanks again
They don’t come on automatically with the rear screen like some Fords do, you have to turn them on using the same button you use to adjust them. Just turn the knob until the dot lines up with the heated mirror symbol.

I had a broken mirror glass problem on my Golf a while back. Amazon is your friend!

The land is littered with Golf mirrors, one of my mirrors stopped automatically folding for a day or so, then the next day the glass flew off and the the folding returned to normal, try as I did I could not find it in the verge etc. Then literally about a week later the other side flew off as I was driving, try as I did I couldn't find that one either! :D

Sorry, missed bit about heater adjustment. I’ve had car for seven years and never noticed that

Obrigado mucho

Back