good breakdown books

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just passed my ccn1 gas course and all relavant appliances exams ,6 in all.I was just wondering if there are any good books to help in the way of boiler fault finding and any other books that you more experienced fitters use thanks peter

Sponsored Links
Spend a week with Tony you won't need book :LOL: :LOL:

Just lots of asprin for the hangover :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i have just passed my ccn1 gas course and all relavant appliances exams ,6 in all
Well done.
>Go ona boiler maufacturer's day course or two on their combis. They're quite low intensity but you can ask loads of questions.
>Get ALL the manufacturers Instructions you can, and read, and read. Boring, but you get to see how they can be a bit different.
>Get hold of a scrap combi or three, get the manual, and see what goes where, strip everything down. Invaluable.
>Get a surface thermometer - needn't cost the earth. Find mates with combis, and probe around to see what happens. Do a few free services, eg taking fans out to clean. They'll take ages at first.

Learning about new combis is ok but it's when they're old and don't come apart like it says and they leak and have 3 faults, that you find out what they're like.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back