ACS appliances exam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if it can be discussed, but I am doing my ACS appliances next week and was wondering what is involved in the exam.

I have just completed my CCN1 involving spillage testing on fires, fault finding on rigs etc.

Was wondering if some of the things I have already completed during my CCN1 will again be covered when doing ACS appliances, meaning will I have to go through spillage tests gas rating etc and other things already completed?

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
Yes they will have to be re done especially if your a new start .

Whats appliances are you doing? Quite straight forward really working pressures, gas rate, safety devices, safety checks ( spillage, flue flow)

Sponsored Links
Thankyou for your kind responses

Whats F.A.G.S stand for?

Last edited:
They seem to have widened the scope of CCN which I see as a good idea.

The appliances assessment now seems to be rather more focussed and includes some very basic fault identification. Mostly visual although incorrect pressures might be encountered.

But we are wondering what your background and training is.

Tony

Darkart,
Good luck ACS isn't hard its not a Dark Art, very simple stuff. I don't care what your background is stick to the law and what you've been taught you will be fine, when i add a module which i did recently all Core (CCN) skills where tested with the module so you will need to do these basic safety things again

The assessment is different according to a first time or a reassessment. So different scopes.

Depending on how he has acquired his knowledge, different advice might be relevant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back