Good quality wifi Camera needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a very good quality wireless security camera, outdoor rated, pir, night vision/ colour and high res video.
Must be capable of approx 50 meter wireless communication from camera to base station.
Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
I need a very good quality wireless security camera, outdoor rated, pir, night vision/ colour and high res video.
Must be capable of approx 50 meter wireless communication from camera to base station.
Any suggestions?

Plenty of cams, do you want "PTZ"?
Good quality Wifi is not cheap and from experience where you are the bleed over will be immense if the kit is not top of the range.

Give us a price range.

Any suggestions?

Plenty of cams, do you want "PTZ"?
Good quality Wifi is not cheap and from experience where you are the bleed over will be immense if the kit is not top of the range.

Give us a price range.

Below £500. But I could change to cat5 comms to increase the quality and reliability of system?

Sponsored Links
You might be struggling at that price.
Good quality costs.

Decent wireless Tx/Rx is going to add a minimum of >£160 cost.

Can I, not a CCTV engineer just someone who has seen a wireless, colour, black and white at night plus sound and I think the camera is water resistant, for sale at Aldi for £50. Thinkits possible to add other cameras also. Don't know the first thing about cctvs so only adding this for your info and maybe the engineers on here will give some feed back.
Pete

Seems there's a problem with the visibility of other threads.
Anyone wanting to buy cheap toot on fleabay, crack on, but why ask if it's any good?

Anyone wanting to buy cheap toot on fleabay, crack on, but why ask if it's any good?
I am not a professional as you can read and I am asking for advise, anybody could have made your last comment.
As a professional you should be able to describe in detail why this ebay auction is rubbish (bare in mind 80-90% 0f electronics are made in China anyway).
:confused:

1, Your using this for a free advert.
2, TVL is poor
3, A Free advert

I am not a professional as you can read and I am asking for advise, anybody could have made your last comment.
As a professional you should be able to describe in detail why this ebay auction is rubbish (bare in mind 80-90% 0f electronics are made in China anyway).
:confused:
Google is your friend. Even a cursory scan through the posts in this forum for the last week would have given you a pointer vis ia vis ebay.

Regarding made in China. So what? Panasonic, JVC Sony etc etc all produce there. They use the same production plants as many other companies. Difference is. What's in the product and the specific specs and tolerances.

Regarding made in China. So what? Panasonic, JVC Sony etc etc all produce there. They use the same production plants as many other companies. Difference is. What's in the product and the specific specs and tolerances.
The important "difference" is how effective are the procedures used to ensure batch testing is properly carried out and to ensure the results meet the minimum quality standards. It does seem that some in factory batch testing gives results that match the required quality but not the actual quality of the batch.

The important "difference" is how effective are the procedures used to ensure batch testing is properly carried out and to ensure the results meet the minimum quality standards. It does seem that some in factory batch testing gives results that match the required quality but not the actual quality of the batch.
I don't disagree.
But again, not all products are the same, obviously.
From my days of working in the Far East, not all products made there is designed for mainstream Western market sales. The likes of ebay make a natural market conduit for such product to appear here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back