Good UK combi boiler manufacturers ?

Just having a harmless joke with the OP. Nickso......le

er yes i know.....i was commenting that scarmanga clearly should have given up the solex for some bump and tickle with britt :D

Sponsored Links
picbits wrote

Basically its a combined safety and energy savings device.

Wonder what it could be. :?:
My guess is its some kind of temperature control diy wizardry though I suspect picbits thinks its something new that professionals have never came across before.

Using something similar in my last property I more than halved my fuel bill.

I hope you are not expecting us to believe that. :rolleyes:

Basically its a combined safety and energy savings device. Using something similar in my last property I more than halved my fuel bill.
Since boilers are around 90% efficient there simply isn't the scope for further energy savings of any real significance, unless you really have something utterly revolutionary, in which you're selling yourself seriously short!

Realistically I'm surprised even one company is giving you the time of day (Ideal? - they're so technically incompetent when it comes to designing the things they might fall for it). Doesn't it occur to you that your idea has probably occurred to others before you and has already been dropped as unfeasible or impractical?

Sponsored Links
Doesn't it occur to you that your idea has probably occurred to others before you and has already been dropped as unfeasible or impractical?

Quite possibly.

But it does work and it is worth investigating and if the company I approached decide to drop it with a good reason then I won't lose any sleep over it (unless they suddenly bring out a range of boilers with it on :LOL:)

Its just something that has been bugging me for a few years since I came up with the idea and something I haven't seen on the market before.

All I've asked from the company is that they have a look at it and see if its feasible. Neither of us have anything to lose apart from a couple of hours of our time.

picbits wrote

All I've asked from the company is that they have a look at it and see if its feasible.

You'll get no better answer than if you post your "idea" on this forum.
The combined brain power on this forum will soon let you know whether its feasible or not. ;)
Sharing is much more rewarding than trying to lobby dodgy boiler manufacturers for a one off payment that I think you already know will not happen in a million years.

If they decide not to go with the idea then I'll post the full details on here.

And I assure you the manufacturer is a well respected one.

This post wasn't intended to push the idea - just to get peoples recommendations of decent manufacturers so I could approach them.

You know to be quite honest I think this forum could save you a lot of time and hassle.

I hope you are not corresponding by telephone or email - you should have a non-disclosure agreement in place before any correspondence.

As for patents - have a look at some boiler manufacturers efforts - they make interesting reading - some very bizzare. Even BG have patented an all plastic recouperator...shame no plastic can take the temperatures though!.

Nope - no NDA in place unfortunately.

It would be hard to contest anyway as its easy to pretend that they have thought of the idea previously.

I'm being open and honest with the the manufacturer and so far they have been honest with me. I've had an email with a contact for one of their engineers and acknowledgement that they are interested in the idea and I can progress it with their engineer.

I run my own mail and web servers anyway so all the logs are there with the appropriate times and IP addresses but to be honest with you if they wanted to steal the idea then once disclosed to them there would be little I could do to contest it.

As I said before this was an idea that I spent a fair bit of idle thought time developing but I have not put any money into it and if they did steal it then I wouldn't be any worse off financially than I am at the moment.

My core business is in the automotive datalogging and instrumentation business and this is taking off in a big way so this isn't something I would want to spend too much time patenting and messing about with.

If they screw me over then I will name and shame but thats as far as I'd take it. They seem like a good company to deal with - I've heard nothing but good things about them and they are pretty well respected in the heating industry.

Time will tell - it may be a non-starter but I've got to the stage where I wanted to be at now (albeit without an NDA).

Several boilers makers at the show were pretending that they could use "free" energy to preheat the combi inlet water. Since you have already paid for the gas I dont see how that could be free!

Interesting that most all used the same preheat device.

Tony

Mebbe picbits has copied this. :(

Ecowattsthermalenergycell.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back