Good UK combi boiler manufacturers ?

Anyone who challenges the gas and oil business is likely to get bumped off :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Just look at the words!

"""a reaction in the mixture of water, potash and the secret catalyst"""

A catalyst only aids the reaction but does not take part in the reaction.

That diagram claims to double the energy inputted.

Its amusing to analyse the file name which includes "the male energy cell".

Tony

Basically its a combined safety and energy savings device. Using something similar in my last property I more than halved my fuel bill.
Since boilers are around 90% efficient there simply isn't the scope for further energy savings of any real significance, unless you really have something utterly revolutionary, in which you're selling yourself seriously short!

He may have an old cast iron boiler and a condensing conversion in a flueway would give great efficiency increases.

Assuming a modern condensing boiler, which is clawing most of the waste heat out of the flue, then weather compensators drop fuels bills and many have these as standard. Zoning drops fuel bills as you don't heat parts of the building not occupied, and this can be a part of the boiler, a CH outlet for upstairs and one for down. I know of no boilers that has this integrated. Duel temperature control; high for DHW and weather compensated for CH - some boilers have this. Load compensation control: many boilers have this too.

What is this bolt on magic?
Magnets on the gas pipe?
Cavitation causing heat in the pipe?
These boiler are already on sale in Monriovia and the USA. Just a pump and nothing else - and hot water is created.

In some cars they put a canister of crystals in the heater pipes and that stores heat. When started the engine became instantly hot. This could be used to store waste heat and re-inject the heat.

Get a load of this-

While many scientists are trying to solve the mystery of the thermal energy cell, its huge commercial potential has already caused interest.

Cambridge Consultants, one of Britain's most prestigious technology consultancies, has teamed up with Mr Davies and his colleagues to develop a working prototype. "We've had a multi-disciplinary team working on this, and we're perplexed," said Duncan Bishop, head of process development at Cambridge Consultants.

"We are offering to risk-share on it, as it will need about £200,000 to prove the principle behind it."

According to the Gardner Watts team, it will take about six months to carry out tests putting the reality of the effect beyond all doubt. The company then plans to develop a prototype capable of turning less than one kilowatt of electrical power into 10 kilowatts of heat.

Mr Davies said: "The technology could be licensed by a company making household boilers for the domestic market. " He added that the plan is to have the first thermal energy cell devices on the market within two years.

Agile will be a hit man for corgi in a few years when all the bigwigs at the kennel club begin to lose their jobs and status after this technology takes precedence.. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Several boilers makers at the show were pretending that they could use "free" energy to preheat the combi inlet water. Since you have already paid for the gas I dont see how that could be free!

Interesting that most all used the same preheat device.

Which was what?

As I said before this was an idea that I spent a fair bit of idle thought time developing

Given your background, is this a control device?

Mmmmmm, you are on about a "combi". To drop the gas bill 50% this must be to do with the boiler, or was it the DHW bill 50%? A top box reclaiming waste flue heat to preheat inward cold mains water, is already on the market and a link given.

If this device is just control and/or waste heat reclaim, it appears you have missed the boat. Unless it is like one of these sort of over-unity devices that York Uni are testing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back