Good Value Paint for Bedrooms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've got to start painting my new house this week and would really appreciate some advice on paint brand and type.

I'm looking for good value/coverage if it exists!

Colour wise I'm think off whites for walls and brilliant whites for ceilings and woodwork.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

Sponsored Links
I think I can answer my own thread!

I've spotted 10 litre Leyland trade matt emulsions for £15 each. They get good reviews and come in white and magnolia.

Any reason not to?

Can't really comment on the quality of the Leyland paint as such but I'll tell you the magnolia is a really grey drab magnolia. Doesn't do anything for the "warmth" of a room.

Warmest (and best balanced IMO) I've used is Crown Trade followed by their Mcpherson Contract Matt - this one is really bright.

With paint, you get what you pay for.

If you don't want to have to apply more than two coats, just get Dulux Trade. The big 10 litre tubs you see in the sheds are just the good stuff watered down.

Are you sure you want brilliant white next to off white? The off white risks looking a bit mucky. Johnstone's Broad Cream is much nicer.

Sponsored Links
I'm really impressed with Crown emulsion - it's covered old bare plaster in my living room with 1 coat :eek: - I was going to do another coat but thought I'd leave it and fill the many imperfections thoroughly first . The matt finish hides them so well until you look close. The whole room was bare plaster under wallpaper :confused: never been painted in 50 years - just changed the wall paper. It's been like it with 1 coat for a year now :LOL:

Thanks for the replies.

I'm thinking of brilliant white for both walls and ceilings now - as I need to complete the work quickly so won't have to bother about cutting in etc.

I've seen some very positive reviews of the Leyland trade paints that's why I mentioned them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back