Grandee Heating World combination boiler

A new oil line could temporarily be swapped over in plastic (cost about £50 in parts) and you could very quickly ascertain whether this was the cause.

If it is, only then go to the trouble of burying/concealing it etc......

Sponsored Links
At last - our boiler seems to be working and not cutting out all the time. We had decided to go ahead and put in a dedicated oil line but before we did that, our service engineer thought he'd try something else. After talking to various people, including the manufacturers, he decided the boiler might be burning too clean. He therefore slightly increased the fuel pressure - to 130 psi - and decreased the air input to a CO2 level of approximately 15%. That was done just over a week ago and since then the boiler has worked beautifully and hasn't cut out once. I understand it may now soot up rather more quickly, but at least it's working and we don't need to put another fuel line in. Thank you to everyone who contributed to this topic. Your advice was much appreciated.

At 15% I'd expect it to have sooted up by now

It will. On a friday afternoon. :cry: :cry: :LOL:

SootyWand.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sallyann
I have exactly the same experience as yourself. I have a Boulter Camry (never a problem) and the Grandee (always a problem) running from the same feed. We seemed to have solved it, or thought we had, by installing a Tiger Loop on the oil feed line as we noticed air bubbles in the feed to the burner. It ran 18 months without too much hassle. This last week it has started tripping out again. Is your boiler still working OK with the mixture settings changed? Heating World are now grandeeheatingrail, same phone as before.

Geoff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back