Gravity or Power shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At present I have an old (1980's vintage)themostatic shower which is not exactly fierce!. The coldwater tank has been elevated in the loft giving me about 1.5m head. It has a smallish capacity of around 25 gallons. The hot water tank has a capacity of 140 litres. My question is this - will I see any improvment with a modern gravity fed thermostatic shower or is it purely down to head. Alternatively I could go down the pump route but my concern here is size of tanks - i.e. I want to enjoy my shower without emptying the tank/tanks in double quick time. Any advice or thoughts on which way to go would be very much appreciated.

Martin

Sponsored Links
quote "or is it purely down to head"

I think Divine Brown can answer that best ;)

The pump we used quoted "ltr/min" and thus was quite easy to work out how long we would get in the shower without running it dry. (not that that would happen as you have the feed back in so it would just go cold!)

I would rather have a good short shower than a long frustrating dribble (i've heard thats to come in later life!), so would opt for the pump, IF it meet the minimum required shower time.

there are quite a few web sites selling and offering pump info - a quick search on google will bring back quite a few, and as always, some sites offer more info, but are more expensive than others!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back