Great Britains finest moment, What was it?

kendor said:
notb665 said:
crystal ball said:
notb665 said:
Battle of Britain. We stood alone in the whole world against a tyranny. And we saw them off!

Not quite alone, many commonwealth countries involved as well as Poles, Czechs,

OK - what I meant was no help from other air forces. Yes, we had pilots from other forces who had found their way to the UK. The point is the rest of Europe had fallen/gave up. The RAF didn't fall or give up.
Almost did! well according to the film they almost fell, the luftywaffers almost succeeded in diminishing the amount of airworthy planes but thank god for Michael Caine and Trevor Howard sorting out the fuzzy wuzzies!

lol. Sausage eating Krauts, you mean. lol. Is that racist? I think it's OK because Germans are white aswell as us. :eek: :rolleyes:

Yes, we were nearly beaten, and not by Luftwaffe's strongest force either!

Oh well - all well that end's well! (lol. How can you denigrate World War II (which was a result of World War I (which was a result of previous wars etc etc)) by such a flippant statement? lol lol)

Sponsored Links
notb665 said:
lol. Sausage eating Krauts, you mean. lol. Is that rascist? I think it's OK because Germans are white aswell as us. :eek: :rolleyes:

Yes, we were nearly beaten, and not by Luftwaffe's strongest force either!

Oh well - all well that end's well! (lol. How can you denigrate World War II (which was a result of World War I (which was a result of previous wars etc etc)) by such a flippant statement? lol lol)
Don't know what you mean?! :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
I think Great Britain's finest moment was when Winston Churchill said "The path to victory lies in having the resolve to go from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm." (or something to that effect)

It was actually a Canadian by the name of Karche who took the most famous photograph of Winston Churchill.

crystal ball said:
notb665 said:
Battle of Britain. We stood alone in the whole world against a tyranny. And we saw them off!

Not quite alone, many commonwealth countries involved as well as Poles, Czechs,
good point and worth considering by the anti "fugee" mob. ;)

Finest moment .. probably the end of WW2 and big Winnie puffing the victory cigar.
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winston_Churchill#Early_life]WikiP [/url] said:
....After returning from South Africa Churchill again stood as a Conservative party candidate in Oldham, this time in the 1900 general election, or Khaki election.
He was duly elected but, rather than attending the opening of Parliament, he embarked on a speaking tour throughout the UK and USA, by means of which he raised ten thousand pounds for himself....
He had the right stuff, been there and seen it 1st hand..
They usually have to leave office before embarking on the gravy train .... But then, I guess he was not as obscure as most of the following bunch. £10k in 1900, I wonder about that .. allowing 6% inflation, worth around £4.5 million today, nice trip that.
He was the 'man for the job' at the time, and did the business.
Just 'kept on keeping on'
:cool:

19th Century Engineering. Bridges, Tunnels, Steam Engines, the lot.....

I love a guessing game, me - I'm going to guess that you had a child born then.......

Do I win five pounds ??

DONT glorify a war monger

this character failed miseably we lost so man men through mistakes made with politicians

would we have been better off allying with germany probably yes as we would not have lost as many men = we wouldnt supposedly have needed immigrants to work for us

russia would have been crushed and gone

china would still be rice paddis nothing else

america would not be in the position it is now to dictate to the world

where would we be ??? who knows but it was on the cards at one point cos churchhill was surely thinking about it as DUNKIRK WAS HAPPENING

twasnt the politicians that won the war it was us the real people we are the ones who suffered and laid down our lives for these vermin to get the glory > i think not

good old TOMMY should we have sided with germany ? what whould be the pitfalls

our finest moment is yet to come WHEN WE BOOT OUT THE LAST FUGEE AND BRICK THE TUNNEL BACK UP:cool:

C'mon Slogger, admit it, you just want to wear some of those high boots and go goosestepping down to the local shops. It's ok, you can tell us.

General Slogger ...
Oh Yes Hitler's Nazis would of LET us side with them after he had enslaved us all ......lol.lol..lol

hermes
nah ... you know something in reality ...the SS would of put slogger an all his family on them "evacution" trains they had .....

Sponsored Links
Back