green mould on terracotta pots !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody tell me the best way to remove the build -up of green mould from my terracotta pots !

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
thanks for replying .
Tried blasting them with the jet wash , but it doesn`t work .(I couldn`t beleive it either!)
I know you can leave it on for a more `weathered ` look , but the stuffs bright green and to me, it looks a bit unsightly .
I`m going to give the bleach a go (or rather the missus is) when we get chance .
Thanks again , Colin .

Get yourself a decent pressure washer.

There is no way on this earth that a bit of green stuff couldn't be shifted by a good pressure washer.

I knew you wouldnt beleive it ! my jetwash is fine - it cleans everything it touches outside - except these pots :confused: - come and have a go youself if you dont believe me :)

scrubbing brush, elbow grease, warm water and soap or bleach. cheaper, easier and less mess than a power washer, and obvioulsy a damn sight more effective.

I know what you need!! You need some 'newuns' :D.

I had a similar problem until an old geezer down the ale house suggested that I go home and p**s on them!!
After a few treatments of this organic algicide my problem dissappeared completely!!

PS: I drink Jennings Bitter,
Hope this helps!!

cheers terry ,
I`ll suggest it to the missus . maybe it`ll keep the slugs off as well . she only drinks merrydown , though, do you think this will matter :?:

tozzy ,
dont be daft ! I only bought them two months ago - for £20 each - I dont want to splash out again - I`m worried it might develop into a serious pot habbit :eek:

dlm2310 said:
There is no way on this earth that a bit of green stuff couldn't be shifted by a good pressure washer.
Believe it. It's the same on my flags under the hosepipe. It's more like a green stain. Jeyes fluid works quite well - haven't tried bleach.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back