Greenstar 30 SI no power to digistat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi peeps

My boiler wont fire the central heating when i try to put the digistat thermostat on, it does however come on sometimes a few hoiurs later (or even in the middle of the night) when it comes on its fine put if i turn down the digistat and try to get it on again it wont fire, i undid the front panel on the digistat and checked to see if it was getting power which it wasnt, is it supposed to be 240 vaults, im not sure if this is the problem

Sponsored Links
You are going to have to be a bit more specific. Turn off the power to the boiler system.

If it is a basic Drayton Digistat (non radio version) with a battery drawer underneath then it is highly likely the unit is faulty. To check, remove the stat from the wallplate and bridge the two wires. Boiler should start.

NB: If there are more than two wires, don't bridge them but report back.

If it is a radio RF Digistat then you have to test at the receiver, which is a square box with two LEDS and a couple of buttons.

And finally, if it is an RF Digistat with a plug in receiver branded Worcester but made by Drayton, inside the boiler, it is a little more difficult.

But based on probabilities, your Drayton box will be finished and i suggest you buy something better, such as Honeywell, next time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back