Griffin on Questiontime

If he had been allowed to talk at length, then I feel his arguments will have been given the opportunity to unravel far more effectively than the perpetual heckling that occurred.

Sponsored Links
It was a shame Bonnie Greer seemed to know more about British history than those on the show that are trying to make it.

It was a shame Bonnie Greer seemed to know more about British history than those on the show that are trying to make it.

Would have been a far better show if they'd had David Starkie on it! At least he would have been able to demonstrate a level of intellectual gravitas, regardless of whether you agree with him or not.

Sponsored Links
Whatever your view of the BNP and I don't wanna debate it, he should have been treated fairly, he wasn't in my opinion. The panel should have debated a range of points, they didn't. The only 'other' point apart from the BNP was Gately's death and the subsequent newspaper article about him. Whether we like it or not, the BNP were democratically elected, the panel should have debated, as they always do, a range of issues and Griffin should have been allowed to put his own views and his party's policies across in relation to those issues. I heard several times that 'this is a democratic society with freedom of speech', yet Griffin seemed to have little of that.

For everyones info, I do not and never have supported the BNP but I thought that Question Time was laid out as a witch hunt. I'm not sure who looked worse, Nick Griffin with his narrow minded views or what seemed like the majority there that appeared to be baying for his blood.

Democratic society? Jim Royal (The Royal Family), had a saying that would be quite apt right about now!

the morons at the bbc who allowed it to become nothing more than a playground argument need sacking, completly destroyed the integrity of the program.

Griffin came across as a complete Muppet. I've never voted for him and never will.

The only question that really mattered was when they were asked:

"Is the rise of the BNP linked to UK immigration policy?"

At that point the whole audience shifted their wrath to Jack Straw for letting what's happened happen - and he just sat there like a Cabbage Patch Doll because he knows it's true.

So all in all the rise of the BNP will continue as the UK becomes swamped with migrants. Not only that - it was a black guy leading the attack on Straw.

Yes and when the Gately question was asked, it then became a homophobic question directed towards Griffin.
Absolutely Prentice. It was a complete shambles.

Griffin came across as a complete Muppet. I've never voted for him and never will.

The only question that really mattered was when they were asked:

"Is the rise of the BNP linked to UK immigration policy?"

At that point the whole audience shifted their wrath to Jack Straw for letting what's happened happen - and he just sat there like a Cabbage Patch Doll because he knows it's true.

So all in all the rise of the BNP will continue as the UK becomes swamped with migrants. Not only that - it was a black guy leading the attack on Straw.

Hmmm, I find it hard to argue with you on that Joe because it's just about spot on. The only thing I'd add is that immigration and its control, have been left as a side issue by successive Governments for donkeys years. I don't think it's a Labour or Tory issue, none of them have really dealt with it.

I'm absolutely for allowing people to come here who are fleeing persecution but it must be a shared responsibility with the rest of Europe. As for 'Economic Migrants', what's wrong with us cherry picking who we will allow/want? I truly am 'asking' that question. If someone can present a convincing argument to me I am more than willing to hear it.

Show was a waste of time with a hand picked audience . Made the bbc look more stupid than the grinning Griffin. Shame none of them could really argue a point
Griffin may be a narrow minded, racist bigot, but he does have a point.
Why should we fund islamist, anti-west organisations?
Why should we tolerate a small part or the non-white community to play the race card and do what they want?
Why should we accept that there are hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants, few of which are expected to contribute anything useful?

3 or 4 years ago, hardly anybody was willing to admit that a disproportionate part of crime and antisocial behavior came from those that are singled out by the bnp, the number of people that complain about it today, is rising fast.

Unless government and civil service are willing to acknowledge and change this, the bnp will see the support growing hand over fist.

Not only that - it was a black guy leading the attack on Straw

And not for the first time has the opportunist been upstaged by a black man.

When Damilola Taylor was murdered in Peckham he set out on one of his usual pr stunts visiting the seen as he had done in the Stephen lawrence case. He tried to shake a black mans hand but was rebuffed in no uncertain terms, he was left speechless thank god!

Each time he thought he'd scored a point he took a celebratory sip of water the slippery weasel.
The smug self satisfied creep is no doubt on MI5'S one to watch list. It's a shame he hasnt been "extraordinarylly rendered" but who the hell would have him!

As for Nick Griffen, we didn't get to see or hear much from him but the one thing that is clear, All our politicians still don't get it!

Had Betjeman been around today perhaps we would read
"Come, friendly bombs, and fall on Parliament, it isn't fit for humans now"

A couple of things stood out in last nights question time.

1. Jack straw is a hypocrite. Sending our troops to their death in Iraq when his dad spent WWII in Jail for refusing to fight… shameful.
2. Jack Straw is an embarrassment. When that black guy was giving it to him in the neck about immigration he looked lost. Mumbled his way through several questions and seemed to loose the thread several times.
3. Bonnie Greer and Hulme were the only ones who came out with any credibility.
4. Warsi looked like she was going to explode at any minute. Tried to look overly British by buying the biggest poppy in the UK.
5. Griffin contradicted himself several times but wasn’t really pinned down on anything other than race issues.
6. Was that audience meant to be a representative cross section of the UK? There seemed to be a disproportionate number of minorities present. However it was shot in London.

Was that audience meant to be a representative cross section of the UK? There seemed to be a disproportionate number of minorities present. However it was shot in London

It did/does reflect west London as it is now from White City to Hillingdon :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back