Grindy Noise Bosch Maxx WFL245S

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help identify what the problem is with my 7 year old Bosch washing machine. Last week it developed an awful grinding noise when spinning a load of towels - bit like a fine metal hairbrush against bicycle spokes. Yesterday it sounded like a hailstorm (hailstones against the window) when then machine first started turning but stopped once all the water had filled. Have listened more closely to it today it almost sounds like small ball bearings or a chain being dragged around something and it sounds worse when going anti-clockwise and is only heard slightly when going clockwise, although today it didn't make the noise when spinning. If I spin the drum by hand it sounds fine. I know that there are definitely no bra wires trapped in it. Any ideas? Motor, belt, brushes or whatever else is hiding inside its mystical workings????

Sponsored Links
Washed my sheets today and no sign of the horrible noise, so even if I got a repairman out can't be sure that it would make the noise to order and therefore could waste a call out charge!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back