Groaning noise???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I wonder if anyone could advise. We have recently had some radiators removed to have some plastering done & at the same time we started getting an occasional groaning noise coming from the boiler/pipes. The radiators have now been replaced and the noise has got worse :( .
We thought it may have been the boiler but if you switch the boiler off you still get the noise. It's a Halstead Platinum boiler - 3 years old.
I know I'll have to get someone in to have a look, but please could someone give me an idea of what it might possibly be? Is it likely to cost loads or could it possibly be something simple?
Thanks for reading.
Dizzy :)

Sponsored Links
**bump**

Is there anyone out there who can shed any light on what the noise could be? :cry:

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for replying :)
We've bled all the rads and they don't have any cold patches, but it's still making noises.

Sponsored Links
The noise continues when the boiler is OFF????
Either a poltergeist of you have forgotten to tell us something.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back