Grohe bath mixer leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a Grohe Grohtherm 800 bath shower mixer tap fitted approx 3 years ago. Been working fine but it's now dribbling from the tap constantly and won't turn right off. I assume there's a fault with the cartridge?

It only leaks when hot water supply is turned on, not when just cold is on (tap doesn't flow at all when only cold is on).

If I apply firm pressure to the handle to turn it off further than it will go then leak stops.

16688041265152081750903800841452.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is there a quick fix if this the problem? Or will it need replacing?

1668804751705597344903829776523.jpg

Last edited:
Does this also look like a lot of corrosion inside, where the cartridge sits?

20221118_210015.jpg

Update (if anyone is reading), I contacted Grohe and they've agreed to fix it under their 5 year warranty, so will likely be sending out a new cartridge.

Sponsored Links
Simple fix, new 1/4 ceramic cartridge, the old one's worn but I guess, as you say, that's probably what they will be sending.

Simple fix, new 1/4 ceramic cartridge, the old one's worn but I guess, as you say, that's probably what they will be sending.

Do they tend to all be universal fits?

Does inside the tap look normal, where the cartridge sits? Looks like a lot of corrosion/buildup of ****?

Doesn't look like there's any issue internally, that just looks like the dross and the roughness of the brass casting by the looks of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back