Grout, Silicone or both?

GML

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the home straight of tiling my bathroom from floor to ceiling (thanks for the tips I've picked up reading this forum!!) and have to finish off around my bath.

Should I grout the gap between the bottom tile and the bath, silicone it or grout it and then silicone it?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
GML said:
I'm in the home straight of tiling my bathroom from floor to ceiling (thanks for the tips I've picked up reading this forum!!) and have to finish off around my bath.

Should I grout the gap between the bottom tile and the bath, silicone it or grout it and then silicone it?

Cheers

The grout aint gonna do anything. You need to silicone it, don't use any of the cheap stuff, it's rubbish. You know good silicone by the fact it stinks whilst it's curing. Also, a good tip, fill the bath full of cold water before applying the silicone, then once the silicone seal is cured, let the water out. Job should be a good 'un.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back