Groveling request for breezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Breezer, pal buddy friend.....

could you pleeeessseee knock up a lurvely diagrm to explain to muggins here the SAFE way to wire up the question i posed in kitchen extractor fan... ie Wiring in a extractor hood from the existing cooker fused connection or wiring in the same hood from its own independant supply.

Cheers m8

Dinger

Sponsored Links
It won't be easy to use the existing cooker supply unless you know the load of the oven and can down-size the circuit breaker. Either that or you will have to use 6mm cable (which means trying to fit two 6mm cables in the terminals of the cooker isolator) between the cooker isolator and the new fused connection unit. Your options are as follows:

1. Use cable the same size as the existing cooker circuit (6mm) to supply a seperate fused connection unit, which in turn feeds your cooker hood.

2. Down-size the fuse (to 20A) currently protecting the cooker circuit and spur from the cooker isolator using 2.5 cable to a fused connection unit. If the load of your new oven and cooker hood combined equal more than 20A then this will not be possible.

3. Wire a fused connection unit into the existing ring in the kitchen to supply the cooker hood.

4. Wire a new circuit for the cooker hood.

Breezer will need to know which option suits you best before he can do you a drawing (if he can do you a drawing).

I have every confidance in the drawing abilities of Breezer.......

I have no idea of the overall rating requirements of the rangemaster 'cos it doesnt mention it anywhere in the literature.

As i've said b4 everything is clear in the kitchen and i have access...at the moment so i can go with any option you guys sugest.

Pleeeese get rid of the cowboy hat.......he he

thanx for all the help

Dinger

dinger541 said:
I have every confidance in the drawing abilities of Breezer.......

I have no idea of the overall rating requirements of the rangemaster 'cos it doesnt mention it anywhere in the literature.

As i've said b4 everything is clear in the kitchen and i have access...at the moment so i can go with any option you guys sugest.

Pleeeese get rid of the cowboy hat.......he he

thanx for all the help

Dinger

I think i will have to start charging at this rate.

Problem is (and as spark mentioned) you should downrate the fuse / mcb for the cooker in order to this, does the cooker not have a plate (no punn intended) that tells you its rating?

The other thing is in general its not really a good idea anyway (tap of a cooker cct)

as you have access all areas could you not put in another socket by breaking in to the existing ring in the kitchen and putting either a fcu or another socket?

Sponsored Links
Breezer,

pleeeese don't charge for this...im a jock and its against my religon....he he.

unfortunatly / or fortunately depending on your outlook, the cooker hasnt arrived yet, slight delay. So i have no pyhsical plate (yes it was a pun) to look at.

I have access all around so i'll go with yours and sparks advice and spur off another socket with an individual FCU.....it will be easy as long as i can draw the diagram.....only joking m8....

Thank you both for all the help...and i'm sure i'll be asking for more help at some point.

Dinger

please do, and what time will dinner be ready (we want to "christen" the new cooker)

Breezer

you and sparks are more than welcome to dinner when i eventually finish the bloody thing....i'll send you a before and after pic cos i dont think youll get this far North.....Inverness turn right m8

All the best for now

Dinger

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back