growing up or growing old

2scoops0406

Time used to be, not long ago, that Saturday night was a time for going out, having far too many, stumbling home and of course regretting the next day. Now, I've found something that even last year I'd have laughed my socks off at.... Camomile tea!! a couple of cups of that and bang, totally relaxed, fantstic nights sleep, no hangover the next day, what is wrong, should I go out and purchase my pipe and slippers immediatedly or has anyone else been seduced by this tea's charms??

Sponsored Links
I dunno, there could be worse addictions. I am convinced they put crack in Pringles, they are too addictive to be clean. ;)

There are definite advantages to not drinking on a Saturday night. Like you say, the lack of hangover on a Sunday.

Also your kidneys and liver get a breather. I haven't been drinking much recently but last night stayed in with a friend and watched DVDs. I drank a bottle of red wine (14%) and didn't feel like I had. So I had another half-bot and was still feeling pretty groovy even in the morning (and afternoon!). A few weeks ago I would have probably felt like I had had enough at half a bottle. Not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing but it shows my K&L are stronger now!

If you can abstain easily then it makes going out easy as you don't need to think about getting a bus or finding a taxi. Here in the sticks anyway, plenty of room for car parks.

Drinking lots on a Saturday is as much a habit as anything else. My ex pretty much had to drink on a weekend. The only Saturday night she didn't drink in the 2 years I saw her was when we had so much on the Friday that cranberry juice was the strongest thing we could manage.

Camomile Tea? I feel for you pal...

Seriously, if one gets drunk its on a Friday... and then maybe a Saturday. And maybe a Sunday if it's bank holiday but that's a maybe.

Well if you rate a person's "sadness" by their alcohol intake, I'm f*cking sad....

I rarely drink at all. Maybe the odd bottle of beer, but then I feel drunk after one.
Perhaps the odd single malt at Xmas.

In the mid 80's I was out every night having 10 pts lager with whiskies too.

And I'm only 37. IS THIS SAD?????

Sponsored Links
Overcompensating ?
Sad part is escalating anything to problem status.

Eddie boy, you just gotta slow down !! :- Eddie Cochran circa 1959 !

Aging is not an option, growing up is !! Wooo Hooo !! : - Pipme 2004

Slight deviation, see 'Top Gear' last night ? testing 747 backwash on full power, by driving car across it's rear at 100 metres ? Is that sad or great fun !! I go for the latter !! See the Ford floating like a butterfly on the way to write off status !!
At least viewers now know the dangers of passing too close to the rear of a fired up jet !!

P

I can't quit the camomile, that leaves me no vices. (oh aprt from the 2 bottles of vodka a day). 37, I agree a terrible age. Eddie M born 04/06/1967

Soon be 40 Then .....
About the time to be asking one's self Just how much further up the increasingly greasy rope can one climb .....

P

Sorry Ed', only one certainty in this wonderful world, when is the question !

P

Crikey, born one year after we won the world cup !! Yew missed the boat old son !!
Hows yer 'ernia coming along ?

P

Ah, born in the Summer Of Love.

Yes, but it was the year that Sgt Pepper was released, the year that the Beach Boys were going to release "Smile" (but didn't), The Who were going strong as was Jimi. "Hair" was first performed.

All in all a pretty groovy year.

For me, a child of 1980, John Lennon was shot, Zimbabwe was formed, the Iranian Embassy was stormed. I'm glad to be younger but the year I was born won't be remembered as a culturally historic one! :LOL:

Having been a teenager when the Beatles became prominant... I must say it gave one a tremendous buzz when they took the USA by storm .. seeing TV news of the Beatles at the Shea Stadium in '65 was very awesome .... Suddenly we had the best at something and overwhelmingly, crushingly so ... not just a flash in the pan ... Start of an era.

Bought 'Love me do' on it's first release ... before the storm ... magic days !!

P

I think I was probably throwing up and p**ing myself then, some things never change! Hernia is fixed, and coming on well, practically no pain anymore, thanks for asking, none of my "collegues" at work bothered...... b*st*rds.

You mean your colleagues ? They'reToo busy chasing their own hernias, carrying the extra weight ! ;)

Sponsored Links
Back