GU10 v GZ10

JSM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone,

Working against time here to get everything okay before the guarantee on my flat runs out.

All the lights in my flat are GU10 EXCEPT the fittings in the bathroom which clearly are marked for GZ10 bulbs. However, I can see that all of these have been fitted with GU10 bulbs. Should I be concerned, particularly from a fire risk aspect as I know they treat heat differently?

Most grateful for an early reply.

Sponsored Links
The GZ10 holder is designed to take bulbs where only the light is reflected and the heat goes through reflector but it will also allow you to use GU10 as well.

There is no problem.

But don't fit GZ10s in a GU10 holder because you won't be able to get it out again! It's not exactly the same shape fitting.

Sponsored Links
Yes but they do fit. The taper holds it in nice and tight. Then when the lamp has been used for a while it tightens up even more. If the fitting is weak, you'll break the bulb holder trying to take it out. I've seen it loads of times where customers have bought GZs by mistake. To the layman they seem the same lamp.

Yes but they do fit. The taper holds it in nice and tight. Then when the lamp has been used for a while it tightens up even more. If the fitting is weak, you'll break the bulb holder trying to take it out. I've seen it loads of times where customers have bought GZs by mistake. To the layman they seem the same lamp.

Thanks I was unaware they would fit. It does seem there are a few problems with the spec of GU10 I have found some cold cathode lamps will not fit some fittings and at the price of cold cathode lamps one can't just forget it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back