Guess where the water is coming from?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have an answer to this but hope you do

Got a Baxi and every day just after the heating comes on it leaks about 1/4 l of water from some mystery location. The water isnt coming out of the pressure valve thingme pipe as its dry. The attached pic shows the case of the boiler (reverse side) you will notice jet marks where the water is being sprayed. I have also shown a pic (circled) showing where the jet marks are coming from.

Everything is dry (apart from the floor :mad:) which is weired. and its freeking me out.

Ta

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Good, how come its peeing out water is it just kaput or something more worrying?

If on the right side, two "o" rings which seals the pump are prone to leak if system water dirty. Usually will see two drips. Or poss the manual drain valve could be at fault, auto vent good bet though

more water this morning, I checked after the heating went off last night and no water, I got up especially early this morning before the heating comes on and water all over the place. So its venting when the boiler is off that's for sure at some point in the middle of the night. The water is being sprayed as there's droplets over a metre away (left the cover off). no water present around the auto air vent its dry and a bit dusty, there's no visible sign of it anywhere else. What do you reckon, leave bits of bog roll over joints etc to identify where its coming from?

The mains water pressure can rise excessively in the middle of the night.

I advised a customer to drink a pint and a half of beer just before bedtime so that he would go to the bathroon about 0230-0330 and see the leak.

He did not do that but set his alarm instead and just as I had predicted found the joints leaking. He was quite amazed.

In your case get a torch and set the alarm to about 0330hrs and then you can see where its coming from.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back