gushing noise hw only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a problem with hot water only that is doing my head in
Gushing gurgling from hot water only, put ch on perfect no noise,
The water heats up ok but bloody wakes me up!
Its a 2 pipe system y plan vented, potterton suprima 60,grundfos alpha pump,(done same noise with old myson pump)
It has done it for a few weeks now, but left as had to change rad so would investigate then,
Have changed rad, and found diverter valve half seized,so took apart and cleaned hoping that could be fault, but no still the same,
It sounds like its coming from hot water cylinder gurgling etc,could the coil have an hairline crack? but water out of taps fine?
I have had the pipes off too the coil and blown through ok ? and none of hot water tank coming through coil,
sorry its a bit long winded!

Sponsored Links
It is set to 62 deg usually i just checked as it was on 55 i might of knocked it earlier,

Perhaps a little traped air in the coil - should be an air vent on the top primary connection on the cylinder.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replys
No air vent but is a drain other side of valve so will put valve in mid position tomoz and put pipe in bucket and be careful not to let air in,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back