gyproc easy-fil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a wall with a few cracks and holes in the plaster and a ceiling that I have just removed some polystyrene tiles from which has left some glue marks. I want to quickly skim over the top with something. I have heard about the polycell smoothover and I think this will do the job. However in another post somebody recommended gyproc easy-fil for this sort of job. When I looked at the gyproc easy-fil online it said it was for covering plasterboard joints. Can it be used to skim over a bumpy ceiling and wall? I would prefer to use it as it will cost a lot less.
Thanks
Andrew

Sponsored Links
Andrew,
If you want to skim over a wall and a ceiling that are as you say bumpy,and you are prepared to have a go yourself with the products you mention,then why not buy some pva and a bag of multi finish,they are meant for the job.They will definetely cost you a lot less than the polycell smoothover that's for sure,and you should have no need to sand down after.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back