H/W and H/W with C/H together but NO C/H ON IT'S OWN - HELP!

Can you see it making any difference that the Room Stat is a Sunvic Digital one meaning it only has two wires connected to it so it is not giving out the correct voltages.

Sponsored Links
Can you see it making any difference that the Room Stat is a Sunvic Digital one meaning it only has two wires connected to it so it is not giving out the correct voltages.

The type of room stat makes no difference assuming it works.
It take a live from T4 programmer, and sends a switch live to the white in the MV.

see my last post as well.

doitall - yes I do have a multimeter and the readings are:

With HW and CH both turned off on the programmer there is 240v on the grey wire and no voltage on grey or white.

I have then turned CH on only on the programmer and the room stat right up to max, the valve has moved to the CH only position and now I have 240v on the grey, white and orange wires.

Wot can I test next?

Ok, desperation time.

On the back of the programmer is a slider, have you set it to P

Sponsored Links
On the back of the programmer there are 4 dip switches as detailed below:

DIP 1 - pumped / gravity this is set to pumped

DIP 2 - 3 on's / 2 on's this is set to 3 on/off cycle

DIP 3 - 7 days a week on or off this is set ot off

DIP 4 - 5/2 days on / off this is set to on

whats other suggustions do you have !

thanks

And DIp1 is definitely on pumped.

Where/how is the boiler wired.

Where does it get the live from in the programmer.

Is the boiler and pump both connected to the orange wire.

You have got the room stat calling at the same time as the programmer, thats really desperate.

Yep DIP1 is definately set to Pumped as it show it on the LCD display

The boiler has a single live feed to it that comes live when the boiler is needed.

The Pump, Boiler, Orange wire from Valve, Wire from Terminal 1 on the Cylinder Stat and a wire from the Frost Stat (next to boiler in garage) are all wired together.

The system has been wired as per a Y-Plan and checked by two seperate electricians.......could it be the frost stat or would that stop CH & HW together?

The boiler and pump get there feed from the programmer via the white wire on the valve through the room stat

I am in desperation mode as just want it to work to keep the wife and daughter happy without having the water on all the time and at 90 degrees!!!!

That don't sound right to me.

Where does the frost stat get it's power from, it should just like L to Orange.

Any chance of a drawing.

Y
The Pump, Boiler, Orange wire from Valve, Wire from Terminal 1 on the Cylinder Stat and a wire from the Frost Stat (next to boiler in garage) are all wired together.

It should be cylinder stat first.

C-3 programmer.

1- Orange.

2- Grey-1 programmer

If the frost stat is wired to the cylinder stat terminal 1, it will be dead when the stat is up to temperature or the heating is off, which is why you're having to turn the cylinder stat up as far as it goes.

Connect it across the permanent live and orange.

Thanks again doitall!!

When I get home later this evening I will check all the wiring and draw a diagram and I will also see where the other side of the frost stat is wired to.

Hope you will be online later to help me further as you seem to have your head around the issue?

He is usually online until at least midnight but does sometimes pop out for a little snooker.

D Hailsham usually has too much time on his hands and can spend time helping you to trace your wiring but he seems away at the moment.

Tony

Thanks Agile,

Just want to get this issue sorted once and for all, I am going to spend time tonight tracing wires and draw a diagram and then hopefully doitall, D Hailsham and a nother can help me crack this issue and my family can be warm without having to have the hot watrer on max!!!

A simple way to test the frost stat is to turn it up as far as it will go, and see if the htg comes on.

Will try that first doitall and then I will trace every wire (and colour) and then draw a circuit diagram, I will test voltage again at all wires and put that on the diagram.

Once this has been done I will upload to the forum so you can see it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back