Halfrauds!

You can't avoid spam but you can filter it so it goes straight to your junk folder by setting your safety level to 'Only people in my contacts list'.
The problem with this is you have to check your junk folder if you are waiting for something from someone not in your contacts list, such as a hospital appointment which may use different email addresses for different departments.

I would rather not have to waste my time doing that, I have much better things to do - so only senders of valid emails get my email address.

A few years ago, subscribed to Talktalk (Tiscali), TT managed to have their customer database hacked, which resulted in their customers being flooded with spam emails and phone calls. I had so many spam calls per day, I had to buy a caller filter which eventually reduced the calls to almost zero, but the spam emails still flood into that account - when I can be bothered to check.

So I don't take kindly to misuse of my phone number or my email address.

Sponsored Links
They can't LEGALLY use the address for anything else without your prior permission.
Sometimes it is not evident you have given permission until you read their small print where it may say something like, "We will only share your details with other companies or members of the ABC123 Group of companies or any third parties we deem may have similar products to offer you."

You can't avoid spam but you can filter it so it goes straight to your junk folder by setting your safety level to 'Only people in my contacts list'.
The problem with this is you have to check your junk folder if you are waiting for something from someone not in your contacts list, such as a hospital appointment which may use different email addresses for different departments.

Correct, and now with GDPR, it’s a hefty fine.

Under GDPR no company is allowed to keep any personal information about you, be it phone numbers, email addresses, bank card details etc, etc, etc unless you give them your written permission.
As a company Operations Manager, my wife finds it a minefield trying to make sure they, and their sub contractors, stay within the law.

Correct, and now with GDPR, it’s a hefty fine.

Like many such laws, they have no teeth..

The UK based nuisance callers, when it becomes too hot for them, just close the operation down and restart under a different name. None UK callers cannot be touched by UK law.

Sponsored Links
Tell 'em to knock the vat off for cash then! They have to give a vat receipt if you ask for one. Illegal to charge vat and not give a receipt for the vat amount, vat rate, vat registration number and date.
No laws preventing electronic invoicing.

What info?

You do know you can make an email address in less than a minute on about a million different sites? If concerned like I already suggested make one just for receipts.

There are even sites that give a 24 hour email address, you could get the receipt save it somewhere and then the email address is gone after 24 hours.
Lmao.....for feks sake....just say no to receipt

So what if you bought something in Halfords and it was faulty a week later, how do you prove you bought it from there?

Andy
Their CCTV would be adequate if it showed you in there buying the item.

snuggle up next to the checkout girl and take a selfie with your smart phone ;)

Sponsored Links
Back