Halogen down lighters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a bit of a problem with the down lights in my kitchen ceiling two of them have gone and i have put new ones in and still not working.
The bulb are 12v 50w and there are 9 all told 3 x 3 square i am assuming theses where put in by an electrician(they where in when i brought the house) if so would there only be one transformer and if it was done by an electrician where would be the logical place to put it (i would say at the middle one)

Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
There might be just one >200W transformer - if you ease all the lights down and follow the leads back you should be able to find (or at least deduce) its location.

Many, including me, prefer to fit one 60W transformer per lamp. They appear to last longer and are cheaper in the long run.

Sponsored Links
Hi

I have a bit of a problem with the down lights in my kitchen ceiling two of them have gone and i have put new ones in and still not working.
The bulb are 12v 50w and there are 9 all told 3 x 3 square i am assuming theses where put in by an electrician(they where in when i brought the house) if so would there only be one transformer and if it was done by an electrician where would be the logical place to put it (i would say at the middle one)

Any help would be appreciated

It could also be that the lampholders have burnt out, or have deteriorated over the years, I regularly replaice them at customers houses, cheaper to replaice that a tranny.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back