Halogen Downlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a set of 5 mains voltage halogen down lighters 50w each. There's a L & N connection on each of the five lamps.

I want to connect these into my kitchen but I want to keep the original ceiling light aswell.

How do I wire these lamps in?

Thanks
John

Sponsored Links
so you want your 5 new lights and your origonal light to all come on at the same time?

connect all the Lives togeteher, all the neutrals together then connect the the last two to the live and neutral of your existing lamp.

it will be easier if you loop from one lamp to the other to achieve this, using 1.5mm t & e

Thanks for your reply.

As an after thought, each of my new lamps are 50w and the original 120w, a total of 370w, would this be ok with the original switch?

How difficult would it be to change the original light switch for a 2gang switch and have the lights switched seperately?
John

yes it can and alkward are the answers............... hang on you need a diagram

lamps.gif

here is one i made earlier.

obviously in your case the second light will actually be 5 lights and not on ceiling roses but the wiring is right

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back