Halogen Lamp Alternatives.

Sponsored Links
That's still a halogen lamp.

A decent branded lamp such as the osram one in your link should give you many years of service, especially if you use them with a soft start dimmer switch.

Sponsored Links
Clearing the insulation is a contravention of the Building Regulations, and if there's no sealed enclosure over them and moist air from the bathroom gets into the loft that will be another contravention and will cause your roof to rot.

Clearing the insulation is a contravention of the Building Regulations, and if there's no sealed enclosure over them and moist air from the bathroom gets into the loft that will be another contravention and will cause your roof to rot.

The loft space is insulated with 200mm FB, and is floored compleatly, each area that a spot light is located has the FB cleared about 150mm all around, to enable breathing room.

Err - that's what I said... your "each area that a spot light is located has the FB cleared about 150mm all around, to enable breathing room" - is the contravention of Part L.

And if the holes in the ceiling allow moist air into the loft that's a contravention of Part C.

Err - that's what I said... your "each area that a spot light is located has the FB cleared about 150mm all around, to enable breathing room" - is the contravention of Part L.

And if the holes in the ceiling allow moist air into the loft that's a contravention of Part C.

Thanks, but the lights are sealed to the ceiling, and have rubber o rings and stuff, so don't see how moisture will get up.

Anyway thank you for pointing out the issues, one to bear in mind for future.

Mind you im not bothered by clearance etc., what I am after is lamps that last longer the and standard off the shelf stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back