Halogen Outside Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
bauerjan said:
Breezer:

Your comments speak for themselves.

Thanks ! (and since you have read the rules, you are now typing in lower case, much nicer)

bauerjan said:
Finally, I take exception to the word 'ignorant'. Perhaps, I am wrong but to me it smacks of racism.

Yes, sorry about that, you are wrong.

To publicly "say" that you think that to call you ignorant is racist, shows that you really are as i first suggested, and now know, you really are ignorant

now if i were to call you an Irish ******, (where ***** is a profanity) now that would be racist, but since i chose not to mention your decent / country of origin, calling you ignorant is not racist.

dictionairy deffinition of the word ignorant

" not having enough knowledge, understanding or information about something"

Sponsored Links
Good Morning again 'Breezer'

Please be aware that we are all not 'gobs*****.

You are fully aware that that are several meanings to the word 'ignorant'.

The Collins Thesarus gives equivalent words, among which are:

rude, shallow, superficial, uncultured, uncultivated, uneducated, unlearned, green etc.

However, we are also not all green.

As the man used to say to another two-bit mini- dictator:

"Du bist immer Recht mein Führer"

Endlich will ich ihnen nur sagen, jetzt bin ich weg, agus pog mo hon.

Now, get your dictionary out smartly.

You may know a little, perhaps a lot about electricity, but when it comes to manners, respect and decency, you are sadly lacking

Finally, as I leave this forum, I most sincerely thank all the other contributors who were of such help to me.

It takes only one bad apple!

bauerjan said:

rude, shallow, superficial, uncultured, uncultivated, uneducated, unlearned, green etc.

You may know a little, perhaps a lot about electricity, but when it comes to manners, respect and decency, you are sadly lacking

Finally, as I leave this forum, I most sincerely thank all the other contributors who were of such help to me.

I never mentioned a thesaurus, I categorically chose to call you ignorant, I also suggest you check your dictionary as not only are you ignorant, you can not insult with out spelling correctly

Ich bin nicht ein Führer, wenn Sie die Richtlinien gelesen hatten, die Sie ein glücklicheres persn sein würden

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
bauerjan said:

I never mentioned a thesaurus, I categorically chose to call you ignorant, I also suggest you check your dictionary as not only are you ignorant, you can not insult with out spelling correctly

Ich bin nicht ein Führer, wenn Sie die Richtlinien gelesen hatten, die Sie ein glücklicheres persn sein würden

ITS NOT SHOUTING NUMBNUTS, ITS USING CAPITAL LETTERS TO GET A MESSAGE ACROSS. GET IT ????

BlueFunnell,

Please do not be offended by some of the posters on this forum. They mean well but some never graduated from Charm School. Maybe the heat is getting to some people too.

It is worthwhile persevering with this forum and developing a thicker skin because many of these guys are very knowledgeable.

And for what it's worth, IMHO you have many things in Ireland that we have lost to our detriment - particularly a sense of community.

I bet you don't have anything like part P either!

to be fair he was courteous, he did say please..

posts in capitals tend to read in an aggressive fashion and are even ignored by some..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back