HALSTEAD ACE BOILER SHUTTING DOWN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few months ago my water started running hot and cold then after a few weeks my heating shut off I called out a plumber and he replaced the heat exchange this worked for about a month now it has started again and then the heating went I was advised to click the overheat button underneath which I did and the heating came on but water still hot then cold and if run for too long i.e. A BATH the heating shuts down..The plumber I used gone into liquidation..Can you give me any ideas what may be wrong so I don't get taken for a fool again??

Sponsored Links
Which heat exchanger did he replace? Main one or plate he?

Until you said the heating went off I would have thought the plate he was blocked.

If heating is faulting as well I would look at the aps dropping out.

I would recommend getting an RGI in as the aps is a safety device.

He replaced one that looks like a small metal box with rounded corners and a hole on it, cost me about 120.00??? Sorry :confused:

Cor blimey FINLM How many posts have you running for this problem

it gets a tad confusing you know

Sponsored Links
...and stressfull when you have two children no hot water and on off heating. It's been weeks like this now.

Just try and stick with one post or you will get confusing advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back