Halstead Ace High Diverter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just trying to get a better understanding of the operation of the Ace High Diverter Valve.
On the DHW side I understand that opening the hot tap (mains water)releases the pressure on one side the diaphram, causing the diverter to move. This opens the path to the 'heat exchanger' and closes the path to the 'heating circuit.
It also activates the DHW micro switch to light boiler.
When tap is turned off, it must return to original position.

On the CH side the diverter is already in the correct position and the CH micro switch is activated by a vertical pin. Beneath this pin is another smaller diaphram.
The question is 'How is the pressure under this diaphram increased when heating switched on? and decreased when switched off.

Anybody like to explain it

Sponsored Links
pump pressure , this is a primary circuit flow switch , & will activate whether the boiler is in H.W or C.H mode , unless this switch/dia' operates the boiler will not fire .

Thanks transam! I thought there was no relationship between the two micro switches.
Now I take it as follows:
Heating: (a)Switch on and 'pump' runs
(b) 'flow' switch operates and boiler lights

DHW: (a) Hot tap opens, diverter moves across
(b) 'DHW micro switch switches on and pump runs
(c) 'flow' switch operates and boiler lights

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back