Halstead Ace Lockout Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Have recently moved into a house with a Halstead Ace installed, since day one the boiler has been randomly locking out, sometimes will lock out everytime it tries to come on via heating or hot water, other times will run for 10 days +. A simple reset and away it goes again - until the next time.

One thing I had noticed over the winter months was that the boiler would lockout most mornings, but not when it tried to light in the evenings ! Not sure whether or not the cold would affect this ??

Have read a few articles on a few forums, some point to possible PCB replacements, others point to diaphram's and I have no idea !!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tristan Powell

Sponsored Links
Depends what it is tring to do when it happens. We would stand in front of it and wait for it to happen, and note what stage boiler is at.

i had an ace at previous property. it was old tired and on its last legs. the previous owner did not leave any literature re: installation/commissioning/servicing. (the fact that it was only getting 15mb gas cos it was served from a 5 metre run on 15mm did not help either!)

set the boiler to hot water only. if it locks out it might be the thermistor.

note of caution theses cost about £25.00 and you cannot take them back if it is not the remedy to the problem.

give more info on what the programmer settings are when it misbehaves and you will have a better chance of eliminating/isolating the prob

good luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back